CIT1: IT Administrator
11 weeks / 198 hours
$6,000 Special Price $4,900
Mon. - Fri., 01:30 pm - 05:06 pm
Mon. - Fri., 09:30 am - 01:06 pm
Mon. - Fri., 01:30 pm - 05:06 pm
The CIT1 - The IT Administrator program covers A+, Network+ and Microsoft Certified Solution Associate : Windows Server 2016 certification topics.
Students learn a wide range of hardware, operating systems and networking skills needed to support and administer both computer systems and Windows 2016 client/server based networks.
Students gain practical hands-on experience in fully equipped labs as well as the theoretical knowledge to prepare to pass the A+, Network+ and MCSA certification exams.
IT Administrator Curriculum
IT Administrator Syllabus
Students will learn how to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems as well as rebuild a PC from the ground up. In addition, students will learn how to install, configure and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems and connect it to a network.
Students will learn how to identify the components of a network and determine the most appropriate network design for a given LAN. Students will be able to differentiate between the different networking standards, protocols, and access methods.
Focusing on Windows Server 2016 installation and configurations, this unit covers the initial implementation and configuration of core services including Windows Server installations, storage solutions, Hyper-V, Windows containers, high availability and maintain and monitor server environment.
Focusing on networking features and functionality available in Windows Server 2016, this unit covers the skills necessary to maintain a Windows Server network infrastructure including DNS and DHCP, IPAM, VPN, Direct Access, network connectivity, remote access, DFS, BranchCache, high performance network features and functionality, SDN, HNV and Network Controller.
Focusing on the identity functionality in Windows Server 2016, this unit covers the installation and configuration of Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy, Active Directory Certificate Services, Active Directory Federations Services and Web Application proxy implementations
This course prepares students for the following exams:
- 220-1001: CompTIA A+ Core 1 Exam fee: $210
- 220-1002: CompTIA A+ Core 2 Exam fee: $210
- N10-007: CompTIA Network+ Exam fee: $310
- 70-740: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 Exam fee: $165
- 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016 Exam fee: $165
- 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016 Exam fee: $165
- High School Diploma/ GED, and experience using Microsoft Windows. Familiarity with applications, such as Internet Explorer (web browser), Outlook (e-mail) and Office suites.
Upon completion of the course, students will be qualified to be a PC Technician, helpdesk, desktop support, network administrator, server administrator, system administrator or monitoring operator.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A student who cancels within 7 days of signing the enrollment agreement but before instruction begins receives all monies returned with the exception of the non-refundable registration fee.
Thereafter, a student will be liable for:
- The non-refundable registration fee plus,
- The cost of any textbooks or supplies accepted plus,
- Tuition liability as of the student's last date of physical attendance.
Prior to or during the first week
During the second week
During the third week
During the fourth week
After the fourth week
See the School Policies page for the second quarter or thereafter.
* There is a different refund policy for veterans. See Pro Rata Refund Policy for Student Veterans and Other Eligible Dependents.