10 weeks / 70 hours
$7500 Special Price $2,999
Saturday, 09:30 am - 05:30 pm
Saturday, 09:30 am - 05:30 pm
NYBI's DBA (Database Administrator) course prepares you for the Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) and Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) certifications as well as train you in the skills necessary to administer database and database servers.
As one of only four Oracle WDP (Workforce Development Program) members in New York State, we adhere to the same teaching standards employed by Oracle University utilizing the official Oracle curriculum but with an added advantage of offering them at a fraction of the cost (Oracle charges $7,500 for the Oracle 11g DBA certification course).
- Oracle Hands-On Course Requirement Candidates who wish to obtain the Oracle Database 11g DBA OCP credential must attend at least one instructor-led course at either an Oracle University or WDP member school to qualify for certification. In other words, if you go to a NON-WDP member school, you will not be able to get certified.
Oracle DBA Curriculum
Oracle DBA Syllabus
Students will gain a conceptual understanding of the Oracle database architecture and how its components work and interact with one another. Students will also learn how to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner including performance monitoring, database security, user management, and backup/recovery techniques. The lesson topics are reinforced with structured hands-on practices.
Students will learn how to configure an Oracle database for multilingual applications. Students will practice various methods of recovering the database, using RMAN, SQL, and Flashback technology. Tools to monitor database performance and what steps to take to improve database performance are also covered in this course. Students will also learn how to use various database technologies, such as Resource Manager, the Scheduler, and Automatic Storage Management (ASM). The lesson topics are reinforced with structured hands-on practices and a workshop.
This course prepares students for the following exams:
- 1Z0-051: Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I
- 1Z0-052: Oracle Database 11g: Administration I
- 1Z0-053: Oracle Database 11g: Administration II
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Suggested prerequisites: Basic knowledge of Linux operating system
Upon completion of the course, students will be qualified to be a database administrator, database server administrator or system administrator.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A student who cancels within 7 days of signing the enrollment agreement but before instruction begins receives all monies returned with the exception of the non-refundable registration fee.
Thereafter, a student will be liable for:
- The non-refundable registration fee plus,
- The cost of any textbooks or supplies accepted plus,
- Tuition liability as of the student's last date of physical attendance.
Prior to or during the first week
During the second week
During the third week
During the fourth week
After the fourth week